Friday, July 11, 2008

Easy Fancy Turkey Sandwhich

I've gone on various sandwich kicks over the last year or so, but I came up with a pretty good one this week.

I sauteed a small portion of red onion, red bell pepper, and fresh minced garlic the night before. I used grape seed oil, but olive oil works just as good.

In separate container, I combined fresh ground black pepper, crushed garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil as a dressing. It tastes much better if you let it set over night in the frig. It will solidify, but melt easily.

I picked up a loaf of 5 grain bread from Publix, Boar's Head turkey, lettuce shreds, vegetarian pepper jack cheese slices, and a tomato.

I laid a slice of the cheese on the bread and stacked the turkey, onions, bell pepper, and drizzled some of the balsamic dressing on it, then placed it in the toaster oven. I generally wait until the cheese has time to melt somewhat.

I removed it, squeezed a little low fat mayo, and added the shreds and tomato slices.

This sandwich rocks!

No comments: